1-Header1-Header-1-11-Header-1-21-Header-1-31-Header-1-41-Header-1-51-Header-1-61-Header-1-71-Header-1-81-Header-1-9

Sunday, February 10, 2013

Our Lovely New Neighbor.

We got a new neighbor this past week. I was quite glad when the old ones moved out (3 young, very annoying boys with a mom who never watched them and a dad who was never home). So, you could imagine my excitement when an single old lady moves in beside us instead.

Mr. 246 had met her before when I wasn't home. Today I met her and answered the door. Yesterday Mr. 246 had helped a different neighbor and her daughter fix the daughters bike. New neighbor lady thought that was nice and brought him a tin of cookies and a small Jesus pamphlet. Hmm...to each his own I suppose. So I'm talking to her about gardens and what not and she invites me to see her plants next door so I go. We get to talking about everything (she's pretty much telling me her whole life story).

She swears a lot for an old lady. And apparently smokes cigarettes....and she's super Christian. (Her words: "I'm a Christian, but I ain't no Jesus freak or nothin'") Uhhh...yea. I just let it go. I don't like talking religion with people and I don't like having battles of wits with people who are hardcore about anything. They're just much too passionate about things I just don't care that much about. I had a very surreal life moment when I was talking about how we wanted to move back to the midwest before Luna was too old and that we didn't want to raise her in California. Her response: "Yea! There's too many damn liberals and homosexuals out here!" Oh my gosh. I definitely had a "Is this real life?" moment when she said it.

Needless to say, we like to be good people just to be good people, not because of religion or anything. And for that reason alone, I exchanged #'s with the old lady (she happens to have MS as well so will probably need help from time to time.) But I don't think we're going to be that great of friends. If people want to a certain religion, that's fine...just leave me out of it.

Even this evening, I'm still having a very "Did she really say that?" reaction to the whole thing. How odd. And what a very interesting old lady. I'm sure you'll be hearing more about her in the future...

-Ms. 246

P.S. Luna has TWO teeth almost all the way in now. Her bottom center ones. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment