You know how I started running and I was super motivated? There's been an interruption to my progress. Last week I ran four times. The last time I ran it was raining so I decided I would go use the treadmill at the apartment gym. It turns out that it was a terrible idea. I injured both my knees by running on the treadmill. Since I am just beginning to run, my body is already in a "delicate" state. After much research I found that sometimes people run differently on a treadmill than out in the real world and sometimes that difference is no good. In my case, it was no good.
I'm really down about the whole thing. I was doing so well. I did run one day this past week, thinking (absurdly) that maybe, just maybe, running in the real world would cancel out running on the treadmill. Well, you can probably guess how that went.
I know, I know. Running was one goal. Therefore I should have been okay and just one goal down but that isn't the case. It threw off my whole week in all aspects. Starting to run gave me motivation to do a lot of other things and it really just messed me up.
That's why I'm glad for today....a redemption day. I can make fresh goals and start again! Here's to Week 15!
LAST WEEK' S GOALS: 10.74/18 met :(
6. Read new Oprah magazine (one of my favorite de-stressing activities.) Nope. Didn't do this, but I did finish the book I was reading (Lost Lake) and started a new one (The Art of Happiness.) Can we call it half credit?
7. Write in my journal at least 3 days this week. Third credit for this one? I only did it one day.
8. Walk at least 30 miles. Fail. Only 26 miles. Definitely going to blame this on the knee injury. :(
9. Complete C25K Week 2. Fail. Knee injury. I tried to walk a good bit but I didn't want to push it. I want to give myself the time I need to heal. I did run the first day, and it felt good...until later that night.
10. No fast food. Fail. New Popeye's Chicken opened right by our apartment and we wanted to celebrate Opening Weekend! (So did the rest of the town, apparently. It was packed.)
11. Track food at least 3 days this week. (I use MyFitnessPal. My name is Whistlefishy. Add me!). I tracked two days this week. Does that give me 2/3 points? I say yes. My goals, my rules.
12. Lose 1.5 lbs. (Gasp! Now I have to make it happen. I've declared it on the internet. Lol.) Hahaha...no. There's always next week!
18. Create something with my new Silhouette Sketch Pens. Still haven't broken these out of the case yet. One day I'll get around to it. (I really want to play with them I just haven't had the chance!)
THIS WEEK'S GOALS:
1. Plan and go on a family outing.
2. Plan Luna and I's days together the night before for maximum awesomeness.
3. One date night (most likely drinks and board games) with Mr. 246.
4. Cook dinner at least three times.
5. Continue to read The Art of Happiness.
6. Take a bubblebath sometime this week. :)
8. Walk at least 25 miles.
9. Do knee exercises at least twice.
10. No fast food.
11. Work out at least twice.
12. Wear sunscreen everyday. (It's starting to get hot and sunny! I should have been wearing it the whole time but I'm terrible at it.)
13. Drink at least 7 glasses of water each day. (I'm not aiming for eight. They're big glasses and I drink other things too.)
14. Finish on SIL birthday present AND send it out.
15. Work on crochet project.
16. Print out pictures for PL.
Sixteen goals this week. After this past week's defeat I made some goals easier to boost myself up some. We shall see!
How do you get back on track after a setback?
- Mrs. 246