1-Header1-Header-1-11-Header-1-21-Header-1-31-Header-1-41-Header-1-51-Header-1-61-Header-1-71-Header-1-81-Header-1-9

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Don't Mind Me While I Complain...




“Nothing is really work unless you would rather be doing something else.” 
- J.M. Barrie

Confession time: I'd rather be doing something else. So yea...it's definitely work. I don't really talk about work a lot on my blog and for good reason: you aren't to mix your professional life with your online life. Well, I'm gonna touch on it for just a bit.

I've been a bit down lately which isn't why I haven't been blogging too much. This school year (I'm a school nurse) started off pretty good...crazy, but that's to be expected. Then the workload got worse. Then the work environment got sucky. I think my boss really doesn't like me and I'm swamped with paperwork and other things and there's no end in sight.

Let me tell you a secret: I really don't want to be a nurse. I'm alright at it, but I really think I'd like to be doing something else. When it came time in high school to pick a college and a major it was between pharmacy (which later turned into nursing) and art/design school. I went the practical route and chose pharmacy.

I regret it now but I'm kind of stuck. I'm the breadwinner, with a child, and nothing will pay what nursing pays. It really gets me down, especially when work isn't going well. I'm too young to feel this stuck.

I can't even begin to start making another attempt at work/career change because I have no idea what I do want to do. I really envy stay at home moms. I really do. And sometimes when I read all these blogs (about 90% of them seem like they're SAHM's) it makes me feel even more down.

So yea...I've been a bit in the dumps. I've been keeping busy in my evenings though! Playing with the Bean, hanging out with the husband, crocheting, Project Life-ing, watching Merlin. From 4pm through bedtime it's a really good life. :)

Complaining/vent over. I won't come back until I have a bit more cheer, okay? I just wanted to stop by and say I'm still here. :)

-Mrs. 246

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I'm so sorry you are feeling so down. I was in your shoes several years ago and tried to make a huge career change. It was really tough emotionally and financially so I really get where you are coming from. I'm lucky to be a sahm now so I can't really help you with any words of wisdom from a working mother. I always say grass is greener on the other side until you get there and is the same aholes and paperwork. Haha! Just commenting to let you know I'm listening. Love your last post with the thankful list. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your comment. I mentally KNOW I'm not the only person who has/has had this issue, but it really makes me feel better that someone else has been there. I very much appreciate the support and just to know someone is listening. :) So thank you. I'm glad things have worked out for you (getting to stay home with your precious babies all day and making gorgeous quilts!) and hopefully they will work out for me soon too. (Just a tolerable job would be nice. Haha.)

      Delete