1-Header1-Header-1-11-Header-1-21-Header-1-31-Header-1-41-Header-1-51-Header-1-61-Header-1-71-Header-1-81-Header-1-9

Thursday, July 17, 2014

Full-Time Working Woes


I'm feeling it:
  • the lack of a good "break"
  • the stress of keeping up with the household 
  • not having enough time to do the things I love
  • the stress and sadness and guilt of not spending enough time with Luna
  • attempting to keep things together so Mr. 246 won't be stressed working and going to school.
I realize it's only been a short time and it'll be an adjustment but gosh...it really sucks. It's like everything takes just a bit more effort. The worst is the lack of quality family time. Maybe once we figure this new schedule thing out it'll be fine. Maybe I'll just work full time long enough to cover the cost of moving back to Ohio and forget about working toward a house.

Can I just win the lottery? Lol. I hope I don't sound whiny or ungrateful. Sometimes I just like to put thoughts out there to see if anyone else is going through the same thing. So, anyone else working full time? How do you fit everything in? Tell me your secrets please. 

Maybe I'll feel better after this upcoming weekend off. I wish a good weekend to all of you!

- Mrs. 246

3 comments:

  1. I know your struggle all too well. A wise person told me that kids crave quality time. Working FT and having 2 people you miss desperately is hard. Establish a daytime or nighttime routine with Luna (or both!). Make it fun! I was always guaranteed to be home by her bedtime, so I could always tuck her in.

    As for family times with Mr.246, try to have just a 30 minute break where you all draw something based on a theme or an impromptu dance party. It breaks the monotony and is just silly excitement for all!

    Everything comes with adjustment but I am rooting for Family 246!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you're very right about nighttime routine. We always get her whole routine in for bedtime: bathtime, milk, stories, songs, then a cuddle and sleep. It's important to us (even when I wasn't working fulltime).

      As for Mr. 246 - a themed hangout sounds intriguing. I want a full list of suitable themes we can partake in. Haha...just kidding. But I'm definitely going to look into it.

      Hope you're having fun on vacation!

      Delete
  2. Oh my! The horror of having to work full-time. If only home-based jobs paid as good as them. We wish. Hahaha! At any rate, I'm sure you'll be able to squeeze in perfectly at your new job. It'll be one hell of an adjustment, but I know you'll do great. Thanks for sharing that, Alexandrea! All the best to you! :)

    Waylon Grimm @ All Force Labour Solutions

    ReplyDelete