1-Header1-Header-1-11-Header-1-21-Header-1-31-Header-1-41-Header-1-51-Header-1-61-Header-1-71-Header-1-81-Header-1-9

Monday, September 2, 2013

Day 2: Thirty Days of Lists


 For today I was thinking mostly craft-type projects but Mr. 246 reminded me it could probably be any project. We're slowly working on the house and paring down our possessions. (There's just so much stuff around here!) We're also kind of working on teaching Luna sign language and it is so freaking useful. Instead of guessing what your one-year-old wants, they just straight up tell you. It's amazing! She knows: eat, hungry, milk, more, all done, and sleepy. I think I may work on thirsty or diaper next. So useful. 


Want to learn more about my list project/"30 Days of Lists"? Please visit my original post to learn more!

Want to see more lists? Search for the hashtag "#30lists" on Instagram or Pinterest to see more! Or you can go to the #30lists Flickr Group. And if you're a Twitter user, you can check out even more lists here.

-Mrs. 246
 


4 comments:

  1. I really should be teaching Harper sign too. Good job mama! I'm interested in your quilt WIP...do tell more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I started teaching Luna because I had that mommy guilt ("ALL the mommies are teaching their kids to sign, you should too!") so we would teach her, but only sporadically and we were really lazy about it. Then one day, she did the sign for "eat" and realized if she did it then we'd give her something to eat. All of a sudden she started signing like crazy so that's been motivation enough to keep teaching her. It's so useful!

      As for the quilt, the top is about 2/3 pieced and the rest of the squares are cut, I just have to sew them together. It's super basic...nothing like your fancy quilts. Lol. I may need some advice when it comes to the actual quilting...I've only done small ones before and I haven't decided how I want to quilt it yet. (In the ditch? Outline random squares? Straight lines? Send it out to have someone else do it? Hehe)

      Delete
  2. Hurray! So pretty! I am also planning to make a quilt for our bed, and a duvet cover for our guest bed, but you are light years ahead of me! Can't wait to read/see more about your process:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been at a standstill for the quilting project since about March so you could definitely catch up! Haha. I can't wait to see what fabrics you've picked out for yours!

      Delete