Ahhh Monday: A fresh start, a new set of goals, a chance to start over. That's what I love about Mondays. I did surprisingly well last week. 11 out of 14 feels pretty good and I kept in a relatively good, organized mood all week. I think that helped a lot.
I read a lot before bed this past week...just for 10-15 minutes (that's all it took to make me sleepy). I read mostly from what I call my "Buddhist Library." I have about 15-20 different spiritual books, mostly Buddhism-related. I didn't get into any one book but would keep a small stack by my bed and open one at random and decided that that was the message I needed to hear and read and learn from that night. Most of the time it was. While reading I came across this quote from Henry David Thoreau (Walden) that really hit home:
"Simplicity, simplicity, simplicity! I say, let your affairs be as two or three, and not a hundred or a thousand; instead of a million count half a dozen, and keep your accounts on your thumb nail."
I've had this quote in my mind the past couple days and I know what I need to do...but it's going to take some time to get there.
Anyways, for the sake of time-saving and simplicity...let's get to business: Weekly Goals.
LAST WEEK'S GOALS: 11/14
11. Finish watercolor project! Almost done!
14. Check in/catch up for the Harry Potter Craftalong. I really need to do this.
THIS WEEK'S GOALS:
1. Plan a fun Thursday with Luna when I'm home from work. (Motherhood)
2. Electronics-free hour and a half each night. This means no glancing at our phones during our "spare moments." Years and years from now I know I will wish I had spent more "spare moments" focused on my family rather than checking Facebook updates or looking at Reddit. (Family)
3. Make reservations for Mr. 246's and I's first night away from Luna. Still have to double check the finances, but if they're there then I wanna go! (Marriage)
4. Make lists and plan, plan, plan for Ohio trip (15 days!) so then next week I can actually get ready.
5. Use planner all week. Schedule and stay on top of things.
6. Read something calming and inspirational before bed every night. (I've done this for the past week and it's been awesome!)
7. Work out x4.
8. 9500 steps/day goal.
9. At least 7 hours of sleep each night.
10. Track food.
11. Catch up on blogs at least every other day.
12. Do at least 2 more full rows on crochet blanket border
13. Write 2 blog posts. (This one counts!)
14. Check in/catch up for the Harry Potter Craftalong.
Happy Monday! Go forth and kick this week's ass. While you're at it, let me know: What's your hardest goal this week?